Palladium coin history is very recent, relative to the other precious metals. Here is a brief history of some key moments in palladium coinage:
- 1967-68 South Pacific island of Tonga, commemorating the coronation of King Taufa Ahau Tupou IV.
- 1987-90 Portugal issued palladium proof coins as part of a series with other metals.
- 1987 France issued a 100 Franc palladium bullion proof coin featuring the bust of Lafayette.
- 1987 Isle of Man, an island kingdom in the Irish Sea, commemorated the U.S. Constitution.
- 1989-95 Russia struck some limited palladium coin issues known as the "Ballerina" series.
- 1989 China struck palladium Pandas in 50 Yuan coins.
- 1989-91 Switzerland struck palladium William Tells in 50 Swiss Francs.
- 1995-97 Australia minted the Emu palladium coins.
- 2004-05 China reintroduces palladium Pandas in 100 Yuan coins.
- 2004 Republic of Slovak struck a pentagon coin commemorating a 10-nation E.U. expansion.
- 2005 Royal Canadian Mint releases the $50 Palladium Maple Leaf on the first of November.
Let us help you:
available now at
Live Price Charts
Webmasters: For information on adding these charts to your website, click here.