What is Bob Wiedemer's Outlook for the Financial Markets and Precious Metals for 2014 and Beyond?
On September 10, 2013, Mr. Robert Wiedemer, co-author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller, The Aftershock Investor, visited the Monex offices and sat down for an interview and update on the financial markets and what he sees ahead.
The video on the right includes highlights from that interview and detail Mr. Widemer's growing concerns about the effects of debt and stimulus programs around the world, fiat currency wars and the growing need for investors to protect themselves with gold and other precious metals.
About Robert A. Wiedemer:
Robert Wiedemer is President and CEO of the Foresight Group, a macroeconomic forecasting and risk assessment firm that helps investors and businesses make better decisions through better economic forecasts.
Mr. Wiedemer has been the driving force behind the economics team that predicted the current downturn in the economy in 2006 with their landmark book, America's Bubble Economy.
His following book, AFTERSHOCK, was published in 2008 by John Wiley & Sons. It was chosen by Smart Money magazine as one of the five best investment books of 2009. AFTERSHOCK and America's Bubble Economy have been the subject of articles in the major press including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Hedge Fund Journal, Euromoney, Barron's, Reuters, AP, Bottom Line and others. AFTERSHOCK and AFTERSHOCK-Second Edition have sold over 500,000 copies.
His latest book, The Aftershock Investor, was published in September 2012, and achieved Wall Street Journal bestseller status in about one month.
Robert Wiedemer speaks to groups of investors, financial analysts and economists including the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable, the World Bank, the CFA Society of San Francisco and the National Press Club. He is a frequent commentator on TV including CNBC's "Squawk Box" and Fox Business News.
Selected video clips from Robert Wiedemer's September 2013 interview with Monex:
1. Your best selling books strongly recommend gold as a vital long-term investment, but how do you identify key short-term opportunities in gold?
2. In your Gold Fear Index, why do you list the stock market as the number one short-term factor in driving gold?
3. How much risk do investors in the stock market face – and what economic factors exist that pose such a threat to investors?
4. How does the stock market compare to gold when it comes to building and protecting long-term wealth?
5. When do you think investors will finally grasp the real danger facing the markets, and increasingly rely on gold for wealth protection?
6. What role does a falling bond market play in the Gold Fear Index – and what is this telling investors who normally consider bonds to be very safe?
7. Real estate is another key factor in your Gold Fear Index. How do you view the current housing market?
8. Why does the Gold Fear Index also include the growing risk of a foreign financial crisis as a key factor in driving the price of gold?
9. The Gold Fear Index also lists the potential of a domestic financial crisis. When do you foresee this happening?
10. Won’t the Fed’s policy of “tapering” its borrowing provide a safeguard against inflation and prevent another serious downturn?
11. How dependent have the markets become on the monetary stimulus provided by the Fed, and what danger does this present?
12. Do you believe that the excessive printing of fiat money – backed by nothing – could create a pent-up demand for gold?
13. In this “Bubble Economy” what is the greatest risk facing investors who try to “time” their move into gold as a safe haven to protect their wealth?
Would you like to receive a free copy of The Aftershock Investor?
If you are a Monex customer or a prospective customer, or if you know someone who you would like to refer to Monex who would like a free copy of The Aftershock Investor, please get in touch with a Monex Account Representative to mail you a copy along with a DVD of the complete Robert Wiedemer interview free of charge, compliments of Monex Deposit Company. Please call 1-800-444-8317 for details.
Let us help you:
available now at
Live Price Charts
Webmasters: For information on adding these charts to your website, click here.