What is Bob Wiedemer's Outlook for the Financial Markets and Precious Metals for 2013 and Beyond?
On April 17, 2013, Mr. Robert Wiedemer, co-author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller, The Aftershock Investor, visited the Monex offices and sat down for an interview and update on the financial markets and what he sees ahead.
The video below includes highlights from that interview and detail Mr. Widemer's growing concerns about the effects of debt and stimulus programs around the world, fiat currency wars and the growing need for investors to protect themselves with gold and other precious metals.
About Robert A. Wiedemer:
Robert Wiedemer is President and CEO of the Foresight Group, a macroeconomic forecasting and risk assessment firm that helps investors and businesses make better decisions through better economic forecasts.
Mr. Wiedemer has been the driving force behind the economics team that predicted the current downturn in the economy in 2006 with their landmark book, America's Bubble Economy.
His following book, AFTERSHOCK, was published in 2008 by John Wiley & Sons. It was chosen by Smart Money magazine as one of the five best investment books of 2009. AFTERSHOCK and America's Bubble Economy have been the subject of articles in the major press including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Hedge Fund Journal, Euromoney, Barron's, Reuters, AP, Bottom Line and others. AFTERSHOCK and AFTERSHOCK-Second Edition have sold over 500,000 copies.
His latest book, The Aftershock Investor, was published in September 2012, and achieved Wall Street Journal bestseller status in about one month.
Robert Wiedemer speaks to groups of investors, financial analysts and economists including the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable, the World Bank, the CFA Society of San Francisco and the National Press Club. He is a frequent commentator on TV including CNBC's "Squawk Box" and Fox Business News.
Selected video clips from Robert Wiedemer's November 2012 interview with Monex:
1. Can you address the timing of the “Aftershock” for investors?
2. How would you assess gold as an “Aftershock” investment?
3. How has the investment environment changed during the years leading up to the anticipated “Aftershock?”
4. How do you evaluate the risk facing investors in the current economic environment?
5. How does the “normalcy bias” threaten the economy and the wealth of investors?
6. Why do you recommend gold as a great “Aftershock” investment?
7. Has the printing of money and increased debt become so commonplace that investors could be blindsided by the “Aftershock?”
8. Why are so many investors exiting the stock market, even at times when it appears the market is doing reasonably well?
9. With the unprecedented amount of money being created, why aren’t we seeing more inflation?
10. What is the real danger facing investors who don’t take action because they’re trying to time the “Aftershock?”
11. When the “Aftershock” hits, can’t the government intervene to protect investors and the market?
12. How important is gold to investors in their retirement years?
13. Why do you predict gold will perform so well in the “Aftershock?”
14. Has gold peaked?
15. How does an investment in gold offer protection against a falling dollar?
Would you like to receive a free copy of The Aftershock Investor?
If you are a Monex customer or a prospective customer, or if you know someone who you would like to refer to Monex who would like a free copy of The Aftershock Investor, please get in touch with a Monex Account Representative to mail you a copy along with a DVD of the complete Robert Wiedemer interview free of charge, compliments of Monex Deposit Company. Please call 1-800-444-8317 for details.
Let us help you:
available now at
Live Price Charts
Webmasters: For information on adding these charts to your website, click here.