What is Bob Wiedemer's Outlook for the Financial Markets and Precious Metals for the Balance of 2012 and Beyond?
In mid-July 2012, Mr. Robert Wiedemer, coauthor of the Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestseller, AFTERSHOCK, visited the Monex offices and sat down for an interview and update on the financial markets and what he sees ahead.
The video clips below are highlights from that interview and detail Mr. Widemer's growing concerns about the effects of debt and stimulus programs around the world, fiat currency and the growing need for investors to protect themselves with gold and other precious metals.
About Robert A. Wiedemer:
Robert Wiedemer is President and CEO of the Foresight Group, a macroeconomic forecasting and risk assessment firm that helps investors and businesses make better decisions through better economic forecasts.
Mr. Wiedemer has been the driving force behind the economics team that predicted the current downturn in the economy in 2006 with their landmark book, America's Bubble Economy.
His following book, AFTERSHOCK, was recently published by John Wiley. It was chosen by Smart Money magazine as one of the five best investment books of 2009. AFTERSHOCK and America's Bubble Economy have been the subject of articles in the major press including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Hedge Fund Journal, Euromoney, Barron's, Reuters, AP, Bottom Line and others. AFTERSHOCK and AFTERSHOCK-Second Edition have sold nearly 500,000 copies.
Robert Wiedemer speaks to groups of investors, financial analysts and economists including the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable, the World Bank, the CFA Society of San Francisco and the National Press Club. He is a frequent commentator on TV including CNBC's "Squawk Box" and Fox Business News.
Selected video clips from Robert Wiedemer's July 2012 interview with Monex:
1. How has gold performed as an asset class in the early stages of the current bull market?
2. Has gold peaked, or do you think gold’s greatest gains are yet to come?
3. Why are so many investment advisors reluctant to recommend gold – even though it has clearly outperformed virtually all other asset classes?
4. What concerns you most about the evaporation of wealth during the current crisis, and what can investors do to protect themselves?
5. Given the volatile economic conditions in the U.S. and the world, how much risk do investors face by keeping their money in stocks, bonds – and even banks?
6. Even if the U.S economy improves, how could economies around the world affect the U.S. and what does this mean for gold?
7. Will a Financial “Armageddon” have to occur for gold to soar?
8. Why has gold become more and more appealing to traditional investors?
9. How risky is the unprecedented level of U.S. debt, and what dangers could investors face if interest rates increase?
10. Given the current economic risks, what can investors do to help protect their wealth?
11. How do you feel gold will perform in 2012 and beyond?
12. How do you feel gold will perform compared to other investments in 2012?
13. Why is it so important for today’s investor to have gold in their portfolio?
Reactions to Robert Wiedemer's book, AFTERSHOCK:
On Amazon.com, a reader from Houston said this about the book:
"I find this to be the most complete and comprehensive analysis of America's ongoing economic problems that I have thus far encountered. In addition: the reasoned deductions which the authors draw from their analyses are far ranging and logical; and, for the most part, the conclusions which they reach are well justified and difficult to dispute. So, if you are looking for a book that will give you some valuable insight into what is happening to the U.S. economy today, and why; which explains how the ultimate collapse of that economy and the U.S. dollar will take place; and which forecasts what the United States and the world at large will be like following that calamity, then this is certainly a book which you should read."
And The Wall Street Journal, where AFTERSHOCK was also a best-seller, had this to say:
"As bitter as it is, Aftershock's message -- that America has yet to pay its bills -- deserves an audience. After all the authors were right once before." (Wall Street Journal MarketBeat)
Would you like to receive a free copy of AFTERSHOCK?
If you are a Monex customer or a prospective customer, or if you know someone who you would like to refer to Monex who would like a free copy of AFTERSHOCK, please get in touch with a Monex Account Representative to mail you a copy along with a DVD of the complete Robert Wiedemer interview free of charge, compliments of Monex Deposit Company. Please call 1-800-444-8317 for details.
Let us help you:
available now at
Live Price Charts
Webmasters: For information on adding these charts to your website, click here.