The Monex Gold IRA:
An Ideal Way to Add REAL Money to
Your Retirement Portfolio . . . and Your Future
A Gold IRA can be used to diversify your investment assets, and especially your retirement portfolio. For thousands of years, man has relied on gold as real wealth and as a ''safe-haven'' asset with attributes that are different from any other asset class.
Unlike most paper assets, gold held in physical form – pure gold bullion, and gold bullion coins produced by government mints – carries no counter-party risk. As such, when you hold physical gold you are not dependent on anyone’s managerial performance such as in stocks, bonds and managed accounts. The value of your gold simply reflects world prices with you as the sole decision maker on if and when to buy and sell. Historically gold prices are less volatile than those of other precious metals and can serve as an excellent candidate for long-term investment.
Allowable Gold Products in an IRA
According to IRS rules, only certain types of gold products can be legally included in an IRA.
Gold bullion bars with a minimum fineness of .995 (99.5% pure) AND which have been fabricated by a COMEX, NYMEX or ISO 9000 approved refiner may be included in a gold IRA.
Gold bullion coins which are at least .9999 fine (99.99% pure) – along with Gold American Eagle bullion coins (which are .9167 fine or 91.67% pure) – may also be included in an IRA.
Not allowed in an IRA are rare or collectible coins, including certified or "graded" coins, or any legal tender gold coins or bullion coins of less than .995 fineness (again, except for gold American Eagles) or American Buffalo Proof gold coins.
Monex Deposit Company offers the following gold products for IRA investment which are allowed under IRS guidelines:
- Gold Bullion Bars – in 10-ounce and 32.15-ounce (“kilobar”) sizes
- Gold American Eagles – in units of 10 one-ounce coins and in units of 20 coins for quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce sizes
- Gold American Buffalos – non-proof coins only, in units of 10 one-ounce coins
- Gold Austrian Vienna Philharmonics – in units of 10 one-ounce coins and in units of 20 coins for quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce sizes
- Gold Canadian Maple Leafs – in units of 10 one-ounce coins and in units of 20 coins for quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce sizes
- Gold Canadian .99999 Fine Limited Series Coins – including "Five-Nines" Maple Leaf, Mountie, Howling Wolf and other selected .99999 fine gold bullion coins, in units of 10 one-ounce coins.
For more information on gold IRA investments, including how to set up a gold IRA account, gold IRA rollovers and transfers and gold bullion and bullion coin products allowable in an IRA account, please call a Monex Account Representative for up-to-the-minute details.
Please see the following Monex website pages for more information on IRA investments: