HTML5 Incompatible Browser
A Year For Accumulation Report

40% Silver U.S. Coin Bags

Monex Product 40% Silver Bags

Monex, America's trusted name in precious metals for more than forty years, is proud to offer a convenient and guaranteed way to own silver...$1,000 face value bags of circulated U.S. 40% silver clad Kennedy half-dollars minted between 1965 and 1970.

In the mid-1960s, as the price of silver increased and the U.S. government sought a lower cost form of coinage as an alternative to the 90% silver content coins minted previously, the U.S. Mint began producing Kennedy half-dollars composed of an inner layer of 79% copper and 21% silver, and sandwiched or "clad" with an outer layer made up of 80% silver and 20% copper. In total, each coin was made up of 40% silver and 60% copper. They were the last regularly-circulated U.S. coins still containing any silver.

Account Representatives now available 1-800-444-8317

Over the last 40 years or so, one of the most popular (and most cost-efficient!) ways to own precious metals in this country has been to invest in bags of U.S. silver coins. Why? Because they are very versatile investments that pack a powerful one-two punch: On the one hand, they are legal tender...genuine U.S. currency accepted everywhere. On the other hand, these coins contain pure silver...a precious metal known, respected and accepted worldwide.

Clad Bags

Buying 40% silver clad coins from Monex makes sense, now more than ever before. $1,000 face value bags of 1965 to 1970 Kennedy half-dollars are real money. You can spend them anywhere. They are convenient, transportable and will never be worth less than their face value—no matter what—guaranteed!

Each $1,000 face value clad bag includes 2,000 Kennedy half-dollars, which contain approximately 295 ounces of pure silver. You can hold or trade these bags in units...or the coins can be sold or traded off in smaller quantities, making them extremely liquid and convenient to buy and sell.

And, as with its "cousin"—the 90% silver bag—buying 40% silver clad bags is an ideal way to purchase silver without the higher premiums usually associated with one-ounce silver bullion coins like the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf or the U.S. Silver American Eagle. In fact, at certain times and under certain market conditions, you have actually been able to buy 40% silver clad bags at a discount to the purchase price of silver bullion, giving you more bang for the buck—more silver per dollar invested.

40 Percent Silver Coins

Call a Monex Account Representative today to discuss how a U.S. 40% silver clad bag investment could and possibly should become part of your investment portfolio.

Monex Account Representatives are normally available between 5:30am and 4:30pm Pacific time each Monday through Friday (except national holidays)...and on many weekends.

Give us a call...give our service a try...and compare our prices. You'll see why Monex has been America's trusted name in coin and bullion trading...for more than 50 years.

Visit our Silver Prices page for up to the minute silver prices or visit our silver price charts page to view historical silver pricing data.