Buying Silver Coins
Since its humble beginnings in 1967, the Monex companies have led the industry in silver coin investing programs by offering U.S. "junk silver coins" in $1000 face value bags. Besides making pre-1965 US silver coins for sale a widely accepted investment to the American public, Monex has also made buying and selling coins over the phone the preferred transaction method. As America's premier silver coin dealer, Monex inaugurated the first and only financing program for buying silver coins.
Today, the U. S. Mint issues American Silver Eagle coins, offering a .999 fine investment grade purity alternative to the 90% junk silver coin bags. Many analysts feel that silver, and specifically silver coins, presents an outstanding investment opportunity. Monex prides itself on having the best silver coin prices and programs in the silver coin industry. You can get up-to-date live coin prices on-line or by phone.
Silver Bullion Coins Available:
Silver Vienna Philharmonics are pure .999 fine one troy ounce silver bullion coins minted by the 800-year-old Austrian Mint and are nearly identical in design to the widely-popular Vienna Philharmonic gold bullion coin. These beautiful coins feature a range of instruments used by the famed Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra on the obverse of the coin along with the name of the orchestra and the German word for silver, ''SILBER.'' The reverse side of the coin features the image of the pipe organ found in the Golden Hall in Vienna, Austria along with the coin's weight, purity and euro face value. Silver Vienna Philharmonic bullion coins are available from Monex in units of 100 coins.More Information
Silver American Eagle bullion coins are the most popular silver bullion coins in the world. Each coin is exactly one troy ounce of pure .999 fine silver and each is exquisitely beautiful. The obverse of the coin features the ''Walking Liberty'' image designed by A. A. Weinman, first used on the U.S. half-dollar coin minted between 1916 and 1947. The reverse design of the coin is a rendition of a heraldic eagle designed by John Mercanti. First minted in 1986, the Silver American Eagle bullion coin is the purest silver coin ever minted in the USA and carries a largely symbolic one dollar face value. Monex offers the Silver American Eagle in units of 100 coins.More Information
Silver Canadian Maple Leaf bullion coins are among the purest silver coins available, and each contains one troy ounce of pure .9999 fine (''four-nines'' fine) silver bullion. With a face value of five Canadian dollars, the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf boasts the highest face value of any government-issued one-ounce silver bullion coin. Minted continuously since 1988, the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf features an image of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse and Canada's well-known national symbol, the maple leaf, on the reverse side of the coin. Silver Canadian Maple Leaf bullion coins are available from Monex in units of 100 coins.More Information
Silver Coins Available:
A still-popular way to own silver is with $1,000 face value bags of U.S. silver coins minted prior to 1965. These bags, containing either four thousand U.S. quarters or 10,000 U.S. dimes, weigh approximately 54 pounds each and contain approximately 715 ounces of pure silver. Buying these bags, sometimes referred to as ''junk silver bags,'' offers investors an extremely convenient way to hold silver that is easily divisible into smaller units. The coins are real money – they can never be worth less than their face value – and the coins can be spent anywhere. Monex was one of the first companies in the country to specialize in silver coin bags for investors and continues to offer them to this day.More Information
Yet another popular way to own silver coins is via $1,000 face value bags of Kennedy half-dollars minted between 1965 and 1970. These coins were minted with an inner layer of 21% silver and 79% copper, sandwiched or ''clad'' with an outer layer comprised of 80% silver and 20% copper. In total, these coins were 40% silver and 60% copper. Each bag contains 2,000 of these 1965-70 Kennedy half-dollars and approximately 295 ounces of pure silver. In addition, these bags of clad coins have a built-in guarantee – they can never be worth less than their face value, and if necessary, can spent anywhere as they are genuine U.S. legal tender. They are easily stored, transportable and divisible.More Information