Canadian Moose Gold Coins
Connect with Our Knowledgeable Monex account representatives
Harness All the Information Monex Has to Offer
Regardless of Your Investment Experience, We’re Here to Help
Gold Canadian Moose
Design and Specifications
1-Ounce 99999 Pure Gold "Call of the Wild"
Gold Canadian Moose (2019)
To spy a moose in the wild is to catch a glimpse of Canada’s untamed spirit. This gentle giant of the forest is a powerful, solitary creature that may be found in nearly every province and territory. Often seen near lakes and muskegs, the moose’s imposing size makes for an unforgettable wildlife encounter—one that is forever preserved on this prestigious collectible. The largest member of the deer family is the latest Canadian species to be immortalized in 99.999% (five nines) pure gold—a world benchmark. In fact, this high-denomination offering is one of the world’s purest gold coins. Its rich gleam is striking and elegant, and it also colours the morning scene on the reverse, where precision engraving captures the majesty of the forest and its antlered ambassador.
Add this 1 oz. 99.999% pure gold symbol of Canadian forests to your collection today!
- CRAFTED IN FIVE 9'S PURE GOLD! Your coin is a superb wildlife portrait crafted from 1 oz. 99.999% pure gold (five nines)—the highest standard of pure gold available in the world!
- A CELEBRATION OF CANADIANA! Your coin is an engraved ode to a majestic Canadian icon in an equally majestic setting.
- METICULOUSLY STRUCK AND HAND POLISHED! The design was struck up to three times to ensure a crisp impression that stands out against a gleaming background.
- THE HEIGHT OF CRAFTSMANSHIP! Your coin features an outstanding amount of engraved details that make your coin a veritable piece of art.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST!
Designed by Claude Thivierge, your coin is a one-on-one encounter with Alces alces in an idyllic setting. Partially shrouded in a blanket of morning mist, the forest basks in the golden glow of sunrise. A bull moose stands in the water near the grass-lined edge, where it quietly feeds on aquatic plants. Presented in a three-quarter view, the moose has turned its head towards the viewer, which brings its rack of antlers into full view. The reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA” and the year “2019”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know …
- The moose isn’t native to the Island of Newfoundland. The moose is native to Labrador, but on the island, individuals were introduced to Gander Bay in 1878 and Howley in 1904. Today, the island of Newfoundland is home to more than 110,000 moose.
- The moose is a solid swimmer It has been known to swim a distance of 19 kilometers and dive more than 5.5 meters to reach plants at the bottom of a lake. Water also helps it cool down in the summer, when the moose is vulnerable to heat and ticks.
- Even without its antlers, the moose is larger than a caribou and taller than a horse. A mature bull (male) moose can weigh up to 550 kilograms and stand 2 meters tall from hoof to shoulder. Its size, dewlap (the fur-covered flap on the lower jaw) and flattened antlers set it apart from its smaller-sized cousin, the caribou. Only the males grow antlers, which span 120-150 centimeters and are shed annually.
Monex Account Representatives are normally available between 5:30am and 4:30pm Pacific time each Monday through Friday (except national holidays)...and on many weekends.
Give us a call...give our service a try...and compare our prices. You'll see why Monex has been America's trusted name in coin and bullion trading...for more than 50 years.