Gold Canadian Roaring Grizzly Coins
Connect with Our Knowledgeable Monex account representatives
Harness All the Information Monex Has to Offer
Regardless of Your Investment Experience, We’re Here to Help
Gold Canadian Roaring Grizzly
Design and Specifications
1-OUNCE 99999 PURE GOLD “CALL OF THE WILD”
COIN 3: ROARING GRIZZLY (2016)
As Canada’s second-largest land-based carnivore, the powerful grizzly merits a substantial coin. Though this enigmatic animal is normally elusive, the Royal Canadian Mint has captured one here for you in this beautiful coin.
This apex predator has no natural enemies except when it is young. The greatest threat to its survival is habitat erosion and encroachment by humans, who affect grizzly populations directly through hunting, road collisions and other conflicts, as well as by influencing its distribution, presenting a particular challenge for these animals that require large natural ranges with adequate food in order to thrive.
- The third coin in the “Call of the Wild” series in 1-ounce 99.999% pure gold.
- Rendered in exquisite detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, this coin celebrates the grizzly bear’s growl.
- Crafted in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exacting standard of 99.999% pure gold, the highest standard of pure gold available in the world.
- Features a micro-engraved maple leaf laser mark in the coin’s field. In the centre of the mark, visible under magnification, is the numeral “16”, denoting the coin’s year of issue.
- Unique credit-card sized packaging ideal for easy handling and storing.
- Signed by the RCM’s Chief Assayer, the assay certificate on the back of the card certifies the authenticity and purity of the coin.
Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
Item Number: 148228
Composition: 99.999% pure gold
Weight (g): 1 oz. (31.11 g)
Diameter (mm): 30
Face Value: 200 dollars (CAN)
Edge: Interrupted serrations
Artist: Pierre Leduc
The reverse design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc presents a profile portrait of a grizzly bear backed by lines representing the bear’s growl. The central feature of the image is the highly detailed right-side profile of the head of a grizzly bear growling. The Royal Canadian Mint engravers have lent additional beauty to the artistry of the original design; the finishes on this coin really emphasize the dense fur, presented in full detail, bringing the intensity of the moment fully to life.
Monex Account Representatives are normally available between 5:30am and 4:30pm Pacific time each Monday through Friday (except national holidays)...and on many weekends.
Give us a call...give our service a try...and compare our prices. You'll see why Monex has been America's trusted name in coin and bullion trading...for more than 50 years.